Excavation and grading are required for many construction projects, particularly when breaking new ground. There are many different types of excavation available in Toledo, OH, depending on the desired end result.
What is excavation?
Excavation is designed to provide a clean slate for building projects, typically by removing dirt, rocks and debris from the ground, and may involve the use of explosives, heavy equipment and other tools. Depending on the type of excavation you choose, your project might require a mixture of methods. Your demolition contractor will be able to tell you what to expect and what the best method is for your project.
Here’s a quick look at the different types of excavation in Toledo, OH:
- Rock: Rock excavation removes rocks from the ground, and can be accomplished by digging or, depending on the size and degree of difficulty, using explosives to get the job done.
- Topsoil: Topsoil removes the top layer of dirt from the ground, compressing the earth and getting rid of anything that could cause a building to sink.
- Earth: This type goes another layer below the topsoil, removing earth from the surface and flattening it.
- Cut and fill: This excavation method strips layers from the earth and can include grading.
- Muck: Muck excavation removes mud, water and dirt, often moving it elsewhere to allow it to dry.
- Drainage: This type works to divert water, and can include trenches and canals.
- Channel: This type also deals with water, but with the goal of changing the way the water flows, whether to increase that capacity or move it elsewhere.
- Basement: If you want a basement in your building, you’ll need to use this somewhat complicated excavation method.
- Roadway: Roadway excavation helps clear a path for roads, highways and freeways, sometimes using the excavated materials to create embankments and other features.
- Bridge: This highly specialized method helps clear the land and make sure that it can support the weight of a bridge and cars.
- Underground: As the name suggests, underground excavation deals with creating tunnels and shafts, often for pipes, utilities, subways and other transportation tunnels. This is a specialized type of excavation.
- Footing: Footing excavation is designed to create a solid foundation for a building that will not sink. It includes pouring and setting concrete.
- Borrow: This type of excavation removes dirt and rocks with the goal of moving them to another location and using them there. They may need to be sorted before use.
- Unclassified: Anytime you have excavation designed to deal with removing stubborn objects and debris from the ground, this is called “unclassified” excavation.
Offering multiple types of excavation in Toledo, OH
No matter what type of excavation you need, Klumm Bros. has the tools to get it done. We pride ourselves on being a local, family-owned business with over 30 years in the demolition and excavation industry. We treat your property like our own, and always make sure to put safety first. Have an excavation project in mind? Whether it’s residential, commercial or industrial, Klumm Bros. can get the job done. Call us today to get started.
Categorised in: Excavation Company