Everyone knows that recycling is important, but a lot of people don’t know how to recycle properly. Whether you’ve been recycling for decades or you’re just getting started, there are some simple tips that can make recycling easier and maximize the benefits of your efforts. For advice about how to start recycling in Toledo, OH, keep reading.
How to start recycling in Toledo, OH
There is a lot of information out there about recycling, and it can be difficult to determine the best way to approach it in your household. Understanding some essential information about recycling of different materials can make things much easier and more intuitive. Here are some helpful home recycling tips in Toledo, OH to help make it as easy as possible:
- Glass: Glass is recyclable, but it’s important to avoid putting some types of glass into the recycling bin. Don’t recycle mirrors, glass dishware, lightbulbs or reusable glass containers. Glass beverage bottles and food jars can be recycled, but they should be rinsed before going in the recycling bin. Some recycling pickup services accept mixed recycling, while others require separate bins for glass.
- Paper: In general, most paper is recyclable. Things like newspapers, envelopes, phone books and magazines can all be recycled. Other types of paper are not recyclable, including hardcover books, paper plates, napkins and paper towels. Make sure any paper is dry and doesn’t have any food residue on it before adding it to your recycling bin.
- Tin and aluminum: Tin and aluminum cans and other products made from these materials can be recycled with mixed recycling as long as they are cleaned of any food residue. Tin and aluminum cans, aluminum foil and aluminum cooking pans can all be recycled once they have been washed. Other metals can’t go into the recycling, including coat hangers, silverware, scrap metals, wire, aerosol cans, paint cans and batteries.
- Plastic: Plastic body care bottles, cleaning bottles, food containers and microwave trays can all be recycled. Rinse off your containers to get rid of residue and then put them into your mixed recycling. It’s also a good idea to peel the labels off your food or cleaning product containers to ensure they can be recycled as easily and effectively as possible.
- Cardboard: Boxes for cereal, tissues and dry goods are all recyclable. Corrugated cardboard from cardboard boxes and brown paper bags can also be recycled. However, any cardboard that has a wax coating or food containers that are meant to be frozen ore refrigerated generally cannot be recycled. Packing materials used to ship boxes are also not usually recyclable.
Junk removal and recycling
Managing waste and recycling can be a challenge, but these home recycling tips in Toledo, OH and services from Klumm Bros. can make waste disposal, junk hauling and material recycling much easier. We offer a range of services, including demolition, concrete crushing and recycling, waste removal and excavation for commercial, residential and industrial customers throughout the area. Give us a call today to find out more about what we have to offer and to request services from our team.
Categorised in: Recycling