Demolition projects sound fun, but they require more planning than you might initially imagine. To ensure that your demolition project happens safely, quickly and efficiently, you’ll need to follow a few basic steps. If you need specific help with demolition prepping in Toledo, OH, be sure to call the experts at Klumm Bros.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect from your demolition project, from start to finish:
- The planning stage: Believe it or not, the most important stage of any demolition project is the paperwork. You’ll need to get the appropriate local or city permits in order to do your demolition, while paying careful attention to the surrounding environment, whether the building is a historical landmark and whether the project will harm the community.
- Staffing your project: Next, it’s time to decide how you’ll staff your projects. Choosing the right contractor will determine a lot of factors for your project, including cost, timeline and cleanup. Your state may have a list of pre-approved contractors to make things easier.
- Controlling your costs: After you’ve determined your budget, you should talk with your contractor about how to keep costs down and demolition processes running smoothly. You may want to dedicate a staff member to this aspect of the project.
- Building inspections: Before you start the demolition, get a thorough building inspection. You need to know whether asbestos or other hazardous building materials are present, since they provide a health and environmental risk. This way, you’ll avoid unexpected abatement costs, which can delay your project indefinitely.
- Taking a building inventory: What’s in your building? If there are usable items, such as furniture, office equipment and technological equipment, you can donate them or recycle them. Local waste facilities should have the capacity to recycle paint, batteries and cleaning supplies. As a general rule, try to salvage, recycle and only then send waste to the landfill.
- The demolition stage: Finally, you’ve reached the demolition stage. Now your priority should be keeping your workers safe. As you might know, demolition sites are full of debris that can be dangerous trip hazards, as well as loud noises and other harmful effects. Consider hiring a safety professional to oversee the demolition stage and keep your workers safe.
Now that you know what to expect, call Klumm Bros. to get a quote and expert advice for your project.
Get help with demolition planning in Toledo, OH
Whether it’s an old home or the remnants of a commercial building, Klumm Bros. will knock it down and take it away. When we’re done, you’ll have a fresh space to start over with and the peace of mind that comes with a job done safely and thoroughly. Our demolition crews have decades of experience and all of the right equipment to properly facilitate residential or commercial demolitions. Get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you plan and execute your next demolition project. We look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: Excavation Company