Recycling your refuse instead of sending it off to the town dump is one of the easiest ways to help save the planet. However, there are some guidelines for recycling, and breaking some of these recycling rules can actually do more harm than good. Continue reading to learn what exactly recycling is in Toledo, OH, as well as a few of the dos and don’ts of the industry.
What you should do
Recycling protects ecosystems and wildlife, reduces the demand for raw materials, saves energy and helps reduce climate-changing emissions—but you have to recycle the right way! Follow these tips to ensure you’re doing your part and not actively harming the planet:
- Find a recycling collection company: First up, find a company to haul your recycling off for you. Trash collection companies might only pick up your trash cans and leave the recycling bins on the curb—or, they’ll pick up the recycling, but still take it to the dump. Confirm with your recycling pickup company that the items will be taken to the correct location!
- Know what can be recycled: Not everything can be recycled. Before you start tossing everything into the recycling containers, call your recycling company to confirm which items they do and do not accept. Some of the most commonly recycled products include glass, plastic bottles, cardboard and newspapers. It’s better to be safe than sorry, though.
- Designate specific bins: Many recycling companies require customers to separate their recyclables into different containers before the recycling is collected. One of our best pieces of advice for residential recycling in Toledo, OH is to designate a specific bin for each recyclable item so that you don’t have to sort through everything before collection day.
The don’ts of recycling
As mentioned above, not following the dos of residential recycling in Toledo, OH can do more harm than good. Avoid the following practices at all costs:
- Recycle the wrong products: The biggest recycling mistake you can make as a homeowner is trying to recycle goods that your recycling center doesn’t accept or items that can’t be recycled in general. Styrofoam, bubble wrap, paint cans and aerosol cans are just a few of the many items that cannot go in your recycling bin. Make sure your family knows which items must go in the trash and not the recycling containers.
- Mis-sorting your items: You’ll also want to ensure your items are properly sorted before the recycling company comes to collect your bins. Plastic bottles tossed in with the cardboard, for example, causes a headache for the recycling center and could even mean those items don’t end up being recycled.
Call Klumm Bros. for all of your recycling needs!
Unless you’re going to take your recycling to a facility by yourself, you’ll need to hire a company to pick it up for you. At Klumm Bros., we understand what recycling is in Toledo, OH, and we’re able to handle all of your recycling removal needs. Whether you need weekly recycling service or a one-time pickup for a large item, we have you covered!
Categorised in: Recycling