Many construction projects begin with demolition. Existing buildings that no longer serve a purpose must come down to make room for new ones. Since most construction jobs rely on demolition services first, you want to find out how to sort through all of the demolition companies in Toledo, OH to find the right business to handle your job.
Six tips for hiring the right demolition contractor
As you begin your search for demolition contractors in Toledo, OH, you want to follow these tips to ensure you hire the right team. There’s no reason to waste your precious resources and time on a demolition company that isn’t up to the task:
- Set your budget: Before you contact any companies about completing demolition work on your property, establish your budget for the project. Knowing your budget prior to reaching out to demolition contractors in Toledo, OH helps guide your conversations with these professionals. As you establish your budget, be sure to factor in unknown factors that might increase costs. For example, demolition work might reveal there’s foundational issues that require immediate attention.
- Establish a schedule: Working with the construction team you’ve hired, determine the timeline for work. This lets you know the window of time open for demolition tasks. Any demo company you contact wants to know the dates you’ve scheduled so they can work it into their calendars.
- Get references: Ask around for references to find the top-quality demolition companies in Toledo, OH. Speak with family members, friends and your construction contractor for their opinions on local demo companies that might be the right fit for your project.
- Contact businesses: After a few people refer you to various demo contractors in the area, give them a call to learn more about their operations. Ask if they are insured, licensed and bonded. Find out if they specialize in certain types of demolition projects. Inquire about their years of experience handling demolition work. Request professional references that you can contact to discuss this particular contractor and follow up with them.
- Ask for an estimate: Once you find a demo company you like, ask them to conduct an inspection, so they can provide you with a thorough, written estimate of their work. The written estimate should include their terms for payment so you and the contractor understand the work schedule, the extent of the work and the expectations for submitting payment.
- Sign a contract: After reviewing all of the information, once you’re ready to hire a demo company, ask them to write up a contract that includes the written estimate that all parties have signed. This ensures there’s no confusion about how the work will proceed. This also protects you should the project go off the rails.
With so many options for demolition companies in Toledo, OH, you want to hire a business that boasts an excellent reputation and years of experience, along with providing the highest quality of work and services. Find out why residential and commercial property owners have trusted Klumm Bros. with their demolition projects since 1989. Get in touch with us now!
Categorised in: Demolition Contractor